First up on the oil em' up series is Safflower oil. Now I've experimented with a ceramide (grapeseed oil) before and didn't really see the difference between the results I've gotten with other oils but I thought I give safflower a shot.
Benefits:
Safflower oil is highly rich in
polyunsaturated fats, containing 77% linoleic acid (omega-6 Essential
Fatty Acids (EFAs)), 10% saturated fats, and 13% oleic acid (omega-9s -
monosaturates). It also comprises high levels of vitamin E,
alpha-tocopherol and phytosterols, and so helps in preventing and
treating EFA deficiencies in the body. Safflower oil for hair growth
contains high amounts of oleic acid, which is light in texture and
penetrates the skin easily. This protects, nourishes, hydrates and firms
the hair. Being extremely rich in essential polyunsaturated fatty
acids, it is highly beneficial for dry, color treated or perm hair. When
applied to the scalp, it acts as a vasodilator which can dilate the
blood vessels, resulting in more nutrients supply to the hair follicles
through blood circulation, and a healthy environment for hair regrowth. Source
Purchased at: Ralph's
Size: 32 fl oz
Price: 6.00
Fragrance: Light
Consistency: Thinner than olive oil but heavier than coconut
Color: Golden Yellow
Experimented : Deep Conditioner Mix , Scalp Treatment, Sealant , Heat Protectant
Personal Experience:
I found that it was best used as a heat protectant and deep conditioner. For the deep conditioner I used some of my eo lavender & aloe conditioner, raw honey and some of the oil. I didn't use exact measurements but it resulted in some very soft hair. I decided to blow dry my hair once last month and I found that it was very helpful when it came to protecting my hair.Although, I do think I could have went lighter when applying it to my hair.Now when it came to soothing my scalp of the itchiness, I found that it wasn't very helpful. My scalped absorbed it very easily though so I am grateful for that. I will stick to mustard oil when it comes
down to dilating my blood vessels.
Rating: 3 out 5 kinks.
down to dilating my blood vessels.
Rating: 3 out 5 kinks.


0 comments:
Post a Comment