Oil em' up: Mustard Oil

/ Saturday, September 29, 2012 /
Claims and Background Information:

The mustard seed, in which mustard oil is derived from, contains a wide range of beneficial vitamins and nutrients for hair growth including, protein, calcium, omega 3 and omega 6 fatty acids, and vitamins A and E. This powerful concoction helps keep the hair follicles in good condition, and along with the powerful antioxidant present, this natural oil makes for an effective treatment for hair growth.





The fatty acids are responsible for conditioning and strengthening the hair resulting in healthy hair growth.
Mustard oil acts as a stimulant for the hair because of its ability to increase blood circulation in the scalp. This contributes to the increased rate of hair growth.
Mustard oil contains high levels of beta-carotene; this is then converted into Vitamin A. By protecting the hair follicles and maintaining the overall condition of the scalp, vitamin A plays a big part in promoting normal hair growth.Source

Purchased at: Local Indian Store

Size: 16.9 fl oz

Price: 4.99

Fragrance: Yucky (sorry to be childish but that was my sincere reaction)! It smells worse than castor oil.

Color: Golden Yellow

Experimented : Pre-poo/Scalp Treatment.

Personal Experience:
This stuff if amazing if your scalp is feeling itchy but I recommend that you give it some time to work. It gives more of a warming feeling. If you're used to the peppermint cooling sensation then again it takes some time to get used to. Can I say that this helped thicken my hair? Not really because the smell is so concentrated that I used to randomly when I felt that my scalp needed a massage.Would I buy this again? Sure I would.

 Rating: 4 out 5 kinks.


0 comments:

Post a Comment

 
Copyright © 2010 Old Blog, All rights reserved
Design by DZignine. Powered by Blogger